Friday, May 27, 2011

Warm Ups: Stretching

Hello my lovelies! In our fifth installment of our warming up series, I'd like to focus a bit on stretching.

Lets begin with the butterfly position. I like to start with this position because its easy on your hips and I'm generally a bit lazy when it comes to stretching, immediately after barre ;)



Next we'll move on to doing some stretches through your straddle. Generally I do this stretch the longest as its really rough on your hips and turn out:



The last thing I work on is extensions. I always wait to do these last because my hamstring muscles are very tight and need a lot of "warming" before really stretching them.



Naturally, its better to do this one before costume and with a lot of room. If my hips still feel tight, I may add some hip rotations and go nice and slow.

We're coming up on our final warm up segment! Stay tuned for our quick pointe warm ups! -Ms Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment