Monday, May 16, 2011

Warm Ups: Barre pt 1

Now that you've warmed up your body and got the blood flowing, its time to start applying some technique to your warm up. You don't have to follow these exercises to the T, but paraphrase to custom fit your body's needs.

Lets begin with plie's. Not a difficult combination but just enough to warm up your hips and thighs some more. As a variation I'd recommend adding a port de bra instead of the second set of demi plie's.




For the next portion we begin with tendu's. I like using this combinations or one's similar because it really works the feet and ankles. For a more complex variation try adding a series of quick tendu's and degage's after doing this en croix, once or twice.





This is a combination my ballet instructor Ms Jeanne Benson-Smith was famous for. It was used through out my ballet training for warm ups every Saturday morning and became one of my student's favorite combinations. Remember to really focus on your leg and foot work and don't skimp on the details of your lines!




That's it for this week lovelies! We'll continue our warm up series next week with some more barre combinations. As always, feel free to comment on here or message me to speak your mind. Love my Blog? Say so! Hate my Blog? Say so! Just give me some feedback! -Ms Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment