Monday, August 29, 2011

The Nutcracker

Hello my Lovelies! If you're reading this then you already know casting has been posted and rehearsals start soon for our 2011 production of The Enchanted Nutcracker! I'm proud of each and every one of you and I know you'll continue to make me proud throughout the upcoming performance season.

This season is going to be a little bit different than last year as we have more local performance opportunities and we'll be using a real theater. (Not that there's anything wrong with using a parish hall, but the theater experience is so much better!)

This is the season where we all get to pull our weight and really work our ballet butts off for the show. My younger one's need strong role models and I know my Grande Premiere company members are just the thing they need. We'll be doing a big sister/little sister program this season and I hope everyone can really take the time to bond with each other.

Naturally we'll be using a lot of the same choreography, but we will be changing quite a few things. First of all you can expect an entirely different battle scene, using the original Nutcracker score and brand new modern and contemporary ballet choreography.

The second thing you can look forward to is brand new Snow Scene Costumes and revamped choreography with one of your fellow students dancing the lead role of Snow Queen, en pointe. Tea (China) will also be danced en pointe this year.

I'm pleased to announce our newest roles added to the Enchanted Nutcracker will be The Spirit of the Christmas Tree, Gingerbread Children (Germany) and The Fairy Doll. (I'm so excited!)

Ocala Ballet Theater has opened a cafe press store for all of your nutcracker and obt wants/needs, we also have a facebook page available for everyone who prefers to view their information online.. This looks to be a very promising a fulfilling season for everyone involved. Welcome back everyone!

Thank you for reading this, My Lovelies! Tell me what you want to hear about, are curious about or confused about and I'll post a blog about each topic. Please email, comment or facebook me!

Love,
Ms Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment