Friday, November 18, 2011

Top ten things I'm thankful for this holiday season

I know its a little cliche but every once in a while I feel it necessary to do a list. I strive to be a very organized individual, but unfortunately life kinda comes at you faster than you'd expect!

10: My greatest life saver this year has been Moleskin's pocket notebooks. (I've gone through four and I'm working on a fifth this year alone.) They're portable, perfectly sized and work so well for just jotting down corrections, shopping lists, to-do lists, blogging ideas, poetry, (I could just go on forever!)

9: Strawberry energy water enhancers have seriously been getting me through the day as of late. With the current time change, the lack of sunlight and crazy, hectic schedule I've had they're definitely worth mentioning to you all.

8: My metal water bottle has been a constant blessing since the day of its purchase this time last year. I never have to remember to keep cash in my purse for studio bottled water and knowing I'm helping the environment just that little bit makes me feel better about my walk through life.

7: I don't know if I've ever mentioned my darling little fuzz ball of a pet on here yet, but Gypsi is a force to be reckoned with when she feels so inclined. If you're lucky she curl up in a ball on your lap, cuddle you and probably lick you until you can't stand it anymore! If you're unlucky however... She can get a little scary when she wants to be. I swear she's tried to kill me over not giving her kitty treats as often as she'd like them! Gypsi keeps me calm though. I never worry about being alone as long as I have a pet and she is darling when she wants to be.

6: I've finally begun to take control of my weight and my body this year. I can't tell you just how proud I am of myself for this since I've never had to worry about anything like that before and had absolutely no idea where to start. My recent accomplishment was realized when I weighted myself after two months of subtle dieting and exercise and discovered I'd lost ten pounds. I'm so proud of myself! Now if only it didn't mean I need to buy new clothes...

5: I have several very close women in my life who influence me and have helped me become the woman I am today. If not for them I would be a hollow shell of a person with little or no self respect and no desire to better myself in any way. I'm thankful for these ladies and I'm proud to have them as part of my little adopted family in my work place.

4: At this point last year I was still living with my parents, dating the wrong person, barely making ends meet and thoroughly depressed. I'm thankful that I've grown up enough to actually start taking care of myself without relying on anyone else for any sort of support. Not to say that I will never need help again, that would be a foolish and immature statement, I'm just grateful that I am capable of supporting myself and able to help others along the way.

3: My friends are literally the best people in the world. I could not get by a single day without thanking them for being such a huge part of my life! Thank you all for dealing with my more crazy moments.

2: I can't go without saying something about myself here. I love having an artistic outlook on everyday life. Being creative is less of a skill and more of a blessing than people realize and I am so thankful that my parents helped me to bolster that in my childhood and gave me the confidence to continue that on into adulthood.

1: And the number one thing I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving? All my lovely students who give me a reason to get out of bed everyday! Without my girls (and my boys) I wouldn't have started this blog or the Ocala Ballet Theater or even kept on teaching. I have some wonderful students that remind me each and everyday why I'm still here!

Whatever you're thankful for this Thanksgiving day, remember to eat healthy and have fun! Thank you for reading, -Ms Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment