Friday, November 18, 2011

Ballet Weddings

Have you ever noticed how many ballets feature a wedding? A positive and happy ending for our tragic story thus far! My best friend was married this Saturday and it inspired this blog post. I got to thinking about how many ballet things I'd want in my ceremony and then got to thinking about all the ballets that have a wedding in them!

My favorite ballet wedding would have to be Coppelia's. The nervousness, the tension, the humor? That's right folks, if you aren't very into ballet you don't know there are comedy ballets. My favorite ballet is actually one such comedy and has an adorable wedding scene that makes you giggle!

Maybe the most noted wedding is Sleeping Beauty's. The third act is all celebration! "Come see the Prince and The Sleeping beauty wed!" And the notable kiss mid Pas de Duex is such a sweet memory (and so iconic) for this classic ballet.

There are honestly hundreds more ballets that feature weddings but that's all I have time to mention right now. Maybe in the future I'll do a part 2?

Thank you for reading, My Lovelies! If you ever have any questions or just have something to say in general, please feel free to post a comment or message me! -Ms Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment