Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Random Inspiration


Today I'd like to focus on the little tools we can use to inspire ourselves. When I was younger I happened across a website that was full of pictures of ballerinas. The site was invigorating and I spent hours looking at different pictures of all the amazing dancers, from Margot Fonteyn to Julie Kent.
The site features a short bio of every dancer they highlight and wonderful pictures of them as well. Its definitely worth checking out for a few hours for some small inspiration.The Ballerina Gallery is one of my favorite sites to frequent ;)

The next site I'd like to recommend is a series of youtube videos from the Anehiem Ballet Company. These videos are just simply breathtaking! I love watching all the different things they have to say about ballet and the life style. From ways to afford your one dance class a week to equality for anyone with passion, you'll love these videos.

Of course what type of teacher would I be if I didn't include some legit ballet wisdom? One of the greatest tools I've found on line is Lisahowell2's vlog. These video's are informative on pointe work and various other necessary training exercises. Their tips on how to break in pointe shoes and how to tie them are a life saver and will help you to not spend so much time figuring things out for yourself! I'm a firm believer in doing what works and not rocking the boat unless it doesn't. The Perfect Pointe is their main website and it offers more sage bits of ballet wisdom for the growing dancer.

My last little bit of inspiration is a book I like to refer to as The Ballet Bible. This book has everything you could want from a ballet book! From ballet's origins to tips for healthy cross training, its a complete wealth of amazing knowledge, and if you order from their website you can get all sorts of beautiful posters for further inspiration!

In your journey for ballet inspiration keep us informed. What gets you pumped for ballet class? -Ms Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment